[Sca-cooks] Escar-no pictures

Jeff Gedney Gedney1 at iconn.net
Thu Oct 17 07:42:48 PDT 2002

>    I bought the escagot shells at Restaurant Depot, but you can
>    buy them in
>    lots of places I beleive.  For the snails I mixed together
>    some ground beef
>    and ground sausage (mostly so I didn't have to figure out
>    flavoring), formed
>    them with a lump on top to stick the shells on and baked on a
>    tray for about
>    20 minutes.  I jammed the meat up into the shell just enough
>    that you could
>    pick them up by the shell to eat them, making a neat finger food.
>    Olwen

Given the source, I just figured that the whole thing was marzipan...

Brandu,
whistling, and casually heading for the rock

Olwen, they are great! ...And I think I am gonna so something similar for
Christmas dinner, using finely ground beef, beef fat and roasted garlic.
I want to see the expressions on my kids faces when I bring that plate to
the table. <G>