[Sca-cooks] Should I be doing this?

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Oct 17 07:59:37 PDT 2002

Vincent Cuenca wrote:

> At the last officer's meeting, the autocrat for our
> annual February event was bemoaning the fact that
> three different head cooks had backed out on her.
>
> My wife (who is very pregnant) leaned over and
> whispered, "You want to do it?  The baby should be
> about four months old by then."  So I talked with
> the autocrat, got some ideas, and started putting
> together a menu and a bid.
>
> Later on it hit me: we're going to have an infant
> child on our hands.

I have attended two of the Inns of Court events given
by Barony of Marinus in Portsmouth, Virginia.

While at the second event, I was talking with the
event Autocrat.  She told me that just after their
bid for the event was accepted, both she and the Head
Cook found that they were pregnant and that both
deliveries could be expected at the time of the event.

They did not withdraw, and continued to plan for the
event.

The Head Cook delivered her baby (IIRC, a son) a few
days before the event.

Inns of Court (2) was his first event.  ... and his
mother was Head Cook.  He seemed so very tiny, but
also comfortable.

[snip]

> Or should I damn the torpedoes and start shopping?

Yes.

> Sincerely,
>
> Vicente

I am,