[Sca-cooks] Re: Should I be doing this?

kihe at ticnet.com kihe at ticnet.com
Thu Oct 17 13:36:01 PDT 2002

Vincent Cuenca writes:

> This is our first baby.  I have no direct experience of how much time this
> kid is going to take.  Should I even be trying this? Am I making myself an
> early candidate for baldness and the galumphing hangnails?  Or should I
> damn the torpedoes and start shopping?

Vicente, it greatly depends.  At four months, ye infante will not yet be
mobile and will primarily be asleep or nursing or being held or in a crib /
bassinette / sling / pack.

How much do you expect to prepare in advance vs. on-site vs. purchase
pre-prepped?

How much will you or your wife be involved in other aspects of the event?
AND to what degree are you planning to divide infant-care duties?

Otherwise... "Torpedoes? WHAT torpedoes?"

<VBEG>

And on the off-topic note, *where* did you find the Henson quote? I *love*
it!!!

> If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
> throw penguins. --Jim Henson

Amra,
Kitchen Idiot

Mike C. Baker
kihe at ticnet.com (from webmail interface!)
All opinions expressed are typically my own --
Who else would want them!