[Sca-cooks] Coordination, was Early SCA heraldry.

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 17 09:11:19 PDT 2002

Well, that actually makes sense. Many of us don't use our work skills
off the job... or for ourselves.

For example, I costume, sometimes professionally. I can draft patterns,
do alterations (boy, can I do alterations... ) mend, you name it. I have
helped other people with garb, I have studied historic dress, etc. I
have a lovely scroll thanking me for being a seamstress to the Court.

I own one kirtle, and it's not even very well made... and never get
around to  replacing buttons on my own clothes...  and altogether just
don't do this for myself.

So, perhaps Drakey is right - he is so busy being careful for all of us
that he uses up his coordination and ability to pay attention at work!
This should relieve the minds of local drivers and pedestrians... he
won't hit other cars, which would involve other people, he'll just drive
into trees and fences...

We may be on to something, here.

Anne