Inter Kingdom Anthro was Re: [Sca-cooks] Driving times

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 17 09:12:02 PDT 2002

Oh, there's a million sassy mottos about Caid, many of which we made up
ourselves.  "Welcome to Caid, now get dressed" is another classic.  Hey,
there's nothing wrong with Caid that getting rid of all these
image-conscious Southern Californians wouldn't fix right up! <g>  You've got
to know that the "peer fear" level is higher than usual and that the
"celebrity culture" attitude applies frequently.  On the other hand, there
are a fair amount of employment opportunities for period artists, armorers,
calligraphers, etc. that do not exist outside of Tinseltown.  Next time you
watch the Oscars, remember that the chances are good that one of your SCA
bretheren or sisteren has enscribed the famous envelope!

I have to say "you go girl" to the lady who sold her ex engagement ring to
get to Rowany festival.  That happy journey had to be one last good gift
from the ex!

Selene Colfox