[Sca-cooks] Never ever work with a renn faire...

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Thu Oct 17 09:46:57 PDT 2002

OK, so I made the mistake of agreeing to cook a feast for a madrigal dinner
a almost-local (5 hour drive away, but oh well) rennaisance faire is doing.
However, they're cheap (this is a fundraiser) and they have this thing about
"appearing" medieval, rather than being.  One of the dishes in my proposed
menu was a rice pilaf - not period, but at the very least medievaloid. They
didn't like that, saying "it's too modern" - ok, it probably was, *but* -
guess what they proposed instead?  Roasted potatoes - "They *seem*
medieval".... (yes that's a quote).  SO... does anyone have any ideas of a
starch type dish that's both something cheap and something that the average
*modern* person will eat?  <sigh... i hope this is worth what I'm getting
paid>

Generys