[Sca-cooks] Re: Roman Cookery - Pear Patina (Pre-period OT)

kihe at ticnet.com kihe at ticnet.com
Thu Oct 17 13:01:14 PDT 2002

Susan Laing writes:

> Sorry if this one turns up twice - not sure if the original post made it to
> the list or not (computer has been munching on messages again <sniffle>)
> marion

Marion, lacking only the addition of some flour & butter & possibly a
sweetener to form a batter, and the OMISSION of pulping the pears (something
that would have been more of a requirement with heritage breeds which have
far more "strings" in the pulp), the finished product sounds very much like
the "Quick Cobbler" which I was raised with mundanely.  In that modern
instance, you indeed get a firm-at-the-edge-goopy-middled product.

When's dessert? <YUuuuummmmmmmm!>

Amra
Kitchen Idiot

Mike C. Baker
kihe at ticnet.com (from webmail interface!)
All opinions expressed are typically my own --
Who else would want them!