[Sca-cooks] oop but not ot

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Oct 17 14:06:37 PDT 2002

Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
>Of course, don't forget that Golden Throat, William Shatner... If you
>thought Harris's version was overwrought, you haven't heard Cap'n
>Kirk's version... What do you call something that is over the top of
>over the top?
>
>Not to mention William Shatner's emotional rendition of "Lucy in the
>Sky with Diamonds"...

I have, sitting proudly on my hard drive, an mp3 of Leonard Nimoy
singing "If I Had A Hammer" (not to mention a video of ol' Spock
singing about Bilbo Baggins with a bunch of go-go girls in pointy
ears and large, brightly-colored, topical lapel buttons). All pales
in comparison to Shatner's haunting rendition of... "When I was
Seventeen," or whatever the title of that mangled ode is. He sounds
kind of like Frank Gorshin doing James Cagney impersonating Bob Dylan.

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER