[Sca-cooks] Advice on cleaning deep frying pots

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Oct 17 19:14:47 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Kirrily Robert wrote:

> Jadwiga wrote:
> >> I am not sure what the point is, but there it is. Another way to sell
> >> cookware, I suppose.
> >
> > It would appeal to people who live in apartments with wired-in smoke
> > detectors that you cannot turn off. Or am I the only one who sets off the
> > smoke detectors when she seasons cast iron?
>
> Nope.  I set mine off recently too.
>
> K.

Me too.

And I've lived in apartments with overly sensitive smoke detectors,
wired-in. If you take a plastic grocery bag and cover the detector,
winding the extra around to hold the bag on, it will keep it from going
berserk when you cook/shower/vacuum/change the cat litter. And it's
harder to forget to remove an ugly plastic bag than it is to plug
something back in. Not that I'd have any experience with that sort of
thing, mind you. ;-)

Margaret