[Sca-cooks] Re: Bloody well OT (Nimoy sings Baggins), was, Re: [Sca-cooks] oop but not ot

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 17 22:29:48 PDT 2002

On 10/17/02 4:25 PM, "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net>  sat on a tribble, which squeaked:

> "That, of course, is nothing. _I_ have copies of Leonard Nimoy
> singing "If I Had A Hammer," _and_ William Shatner doing, "It Was A
> Very Good Year." "

    (Laugh)   Both of which, I might add, can be found on a wonderfully
horrid little CD called "Spaced Out", which mixes tracks from all four of
Leonard Nimoy's albums with tracks from William Shatner's "The Transformed
Man".   24 songs in all, 7 by Shatner, 17 by Nimoy.   I've heard a friends
of mine, and was floored.

    The ones Shatner does are "King Henry the Fifth", "Elegy for the Brave",
"Mr. Tambourine Man", "It Was a Very Good Year", the infamous "Lucy in the
Sky With Diamonds", "Hamlet", and "How Insensitive"

    Nimoy's ones include the above mentioned "If I Had A Hammer", and "The
Ballad of Bilbo Baggins", along with "Ruby Don't Take Your Love to Town",
"I'd Love Making Love to You", "Gentle on my Mind", "I Walk the Line", "Both
Sides Now", and others.

    Hmmm..... Let me check.    Yep, Amazon has it.   Check at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000089JE/qid=1034918360/sr=2-1/ref=
sr_2_1/104-5513784-9137522

    (Nimoy. BTW, is a fantastic photographer.    As a singer, he's a
fantastic photographer........)

    Hmmmm..... Maybe I should get a copy.   Maybe a few copies.   Holiday
season is coming up you know.    There are people in my household that need
presents for the holidays...

    (Plotting happily)
    - Padraig o Connell

"After a night of bliss with Scotty below decks, Sulu did his best to
maintain an air of professionalism...but oh, those hands, that magnificant
shock of black hair and that faint, alluring smell of dilithium..."