[Sca-cooks] A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Debra Tonjes Zaccaro dethriel at optonline.net
Sun Oct 20 07:14:30 PDT 2002

From: "Heleen Greenwald" <heleen at ptdprolog.net>
> A couple of questions:
> #2:    I have emailed the MET in NYC and the Smithsonian in DC asking if
they allow non-flash photography in their museums. Neither have replied and
it's been a really long time. Does anyone on list know if these two places
allow non-flash photography?

Yes, Museums *WILL* allow **NON-flash** photography.  The flash exposure
does damage to any object, thus it's use is forbidden(tho the guards are
nice about asking you not to do so..).  Fare be warned, if you are doing
this photography thru the cases, make sure you are using film designed for
*seriously* low-light conditions, or are using a good digital camera..and
have at least Adobe photoshop 5.5 in order to play with the image at home.
My husband and I have done this with the digital camera, so contact me if
you have any questions about this.(and good luck in getting quick answers
from Museums, they move like sloths to answer emails.  And snail mails.  And
job applications....)

Althea