[Sca-cooks] Lobster Species

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 20 20:03:14 PDT 2002

 > Thank you!!!  That will make things much, much easier.
 >
 > Kristianne

Except that I don't believe that Yamil is correct. We've
discussed this here previously and the European lobsters
did not have the big claws. However, if you are using lobster
meat and not the whole lobster for display, you should be fine
with the Maine lobsters as the taste is going to be similar.

Check this file in the FOOD-MEAT section of the Florilegium for some
previous comments on this:
seafood-msg       (77K)  4/20/01    Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/Shrympes-art.html
Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com