[Sca-cooks] Re:gum tragacanth

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 00:17:40 PDT 2002

Olwen commented:
 > Mistress Bec and I have used gum tracaganth to make those spice beads with.
 > We plan on finding time to make the rose beads soon.  Thats kinds like
 > incense.

I don't remember gum tracaganth being required for rose beads, nor
even called for in the directions.
You might find this file in the Florilegium useful, though:

rosaries-msg      (52K) 12/ 8/00    Period rosaries and their use. Making rose
                                        beads.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/RELIGION/rosaries-msg.html

What are "spice beads"? Are they period? What are they used for and how
do you make them?
     Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com