[Sca-cooks] Sourdough

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 22 17:57:21 PDT 2002

Ok- in process of making my first loaf of sourdough from a flour/water
starter.  I used 2/3 cup of starter to about 4 cups to make the dough
(looked and felt enough like bread dough) Let it to rise all day (8am-8apm)
and it rose a little, but not nearly like I expected.  Could it be the area
wasn't warm enough for it to rise?  Or was my start not ready yet? (I let it
ferment on the counter 4 days, feeding it twice a day).

Humm....
Just afraid that when I try to bake it, I'll have a lovely dense hunk of
something resembling a hockey puck.. (will let you know tomorrow..)

Vitha
--
Lady Hrosvitha von Celle
Per pale sable and gules, a fret and on a point pointed argent a pair of