[Sca-cooks] **OOP** Hard Cooking Eggs

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Oct 23 03:59:49 PDT 2002

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>Laura L. commented:
>>I'm just glad that I've found something that works for me, and if it ain't
>>period, I don't think I give a flip (in this case)--the results are almost
>>identical ^_^
>
>But what makes you think your greenless eggs ARE identical to period
>hard boiled eggs? Maybe the period hardboiled eggs did commonly end
>up with the green coloring.

It says in ms Lubner 4015fV, "For to abate (th)e greenyng of (th)e
zolkys for (th)e Egge Salat, zeothe hem not above a walme or two,
o(th)er heere wylle be those Greene Zolkys Noogies (th)ou haste
ordyred."

>Hmmm. Do duck eggs suffer from the same problem?

I suspect so, but don't know for sure, never having boiled fresh, raw
duck eggs. They do seem to contain [some of] the same sulfur and
copper compounds that are involved in this phenomenon occurring with
hen's eggs.

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER