[Sca-cooks] MetalSmiths Symposium - [03] Learning

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Oct 23 14:30:52 PDT 2002

> During the price checking, I was verbally abused and
> harassed by the store manager at one of the grocery
> stores in my area.  I found out later that anyone
> checking  prices without buying (or having a shopping
> cart) should get permission.  That was news to me!

*BLINK*? I've NEVER, EVER had that happen. I've not only checked
prices but called to check prices. I know I've even called up little itty
bitty offprice places 2 weeks after the event and asked them if they
remembered which cheese was which price (I blamed my desire to be reminded
on a non-existent 'boss' who wanted records just so, of course), but I was
treated perfectly nicely, even if they couldn't help me.

When Anne Liese, Juliana and I were price-checking for the Sword &
Chrysanthemum, we did get asked what we were doing in one big Asian market
chain. We explained that we were pricing things for a big dinner menu, and
they were ok with that.

> BTW, this was my first experience cooking for 100.
> This was my first SCA feast.

Vincenzo, from what I heard from those who were there, you did a great
job!

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
"I used to be one of them. Now I rather think I'm one of me." -- Terry
Prachett, _Thief of Time_