[Sca-cooks] (ot) Horrible Songs

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 23 14:53:32 PDT 2002

Patrick McKinnion <patgund at earthlink.net>
>     However, if you wanted to listen to Richard Harris's version of
>"MacArthur Park", Jack Webb's version of "Show a little Tenderness", Pat
>Boone's version of "Smoke on the Water", Tim Curry's singing "Baby Love", or
>"Do you think I'm Sexy" played on the accordian, then point your browser to:
>
>     http://www.miserablemelodies.com/

Several of these were on a compilation disc and its sequel, titled
"Golden Throats", i think by Rhino Records.

As for "Do you think i'm sexy" on the accordion... That must be
"Those Darn Accordions". They're a local SF Bay area band, 3
accordions, a bass player, and a drummer. I saw them live a couple
times at various out door music-arts-food events. The singer may no
longer be alive - or maybe he *is* sexy - as he was around 80 when i
saw them about 10 years ago.
http://www.thosedarnaccordions.com/index.htm

The San Francisco Bay Area is so special. We're also home to
Polkacide, a hardcore punk polka band.
http://www.polkacide.com/index.html

Anahita
who *loves* accordions, and owns the fabulous CD compendium "Planet
Squeezebox", bellows operated red instruments as played by folks from
many cultures on every continent, except Antarctica