[Sca-cooks] large dayboard feast: need advice from those who have done this before

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Wed Oct 23 15:50:10 PDT 2002

Marilyn Hillvic wrote:

> Greeting, goode cooks of the Knowne Worlde
>
>    This is a plea for advice from those who have fed
> the masses at an Eastern (or for that matter, any
> Kingdom's) dayboard.

[snip]

>    Any and all advice and dire warnings will be
> welcomed and greatfully accepted.

[snip]

I have 2 recipes for meat pies.  I got these from an
article about 6 years ago that appeared in Smoke and
Fire News (sorry, but there were no references to
period sources).

They are supposed to be made from dough (biscuit out
of a can, or pie dough) in 2 inch circles with a meat
filling.

The advantages of using something like that are:

	prepare and cook in advance; reheat at the
	event

	finger food

Interested?

>            --Marion