[Sca-cooks] Re: Alan Davidson book

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Thu Oct 24 18:40:17 PDT 2002

Devra wrote:

>On the other hand, he might be working on the new edition.  That kind of
>updating and improvement can take a couple of years, particularly with such
a >long book.  Maybe we should all read our particular areas, and send him
>correctio...um, suggestions and amplifications and title references
(mean->spirited idea, eh?)

Alan has been working on a new edition ever since the first edition was
published. I helped him rewrite the Icelandic food section and a few others
when I visited him almost three years ago. Back then, the talk was that a
new edition would be ready in a couple of years or so but the last time I
visited him, over a year ago, I got the feeling that maybe the new edition
had been pushed back somewhat. Alan is getting on in years and his health is
not that good, and he is working on several other books or new editions of
older works, so I'm not sure how much time he can spend on the new edition
of the Companion. But I'm sure he would welcome corrections.

Nanna