[Sca-cooks] Buying Alan Davidson

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 25 23:53:46 PDT 2002

Johnna commented:

> yeah, but he should be aware that if he buys it at Pennsic, he's gonna
> have to carry it all over and then back home and it weighs a ton. I
> would guess that the paperback is still gonna weigh 6 pounds or more
> plus it's oversized. Think extra baggage. He should consider mail-order;
> besides the holidays are coming. You do gift certificates, so it would
> make an ideal after the holidays gift.

Interesting point. The reason for waiting would be so I could see it in
person and decide whether it was something I would want or use, as well
as to buy it from an SCA merchant and SCA-Cooks list member.

However, the holidays are coming up. Back around August before my birthday,
I almost sent a wish list of books to various relatives and family members.
Mostly I was thinking of some of the series that Cooks Illustrated has out
on particular cuisines or dishes. "The How to Cook" series. they have books on
Chicken dishes, Italian foods, "How to make Pasta Sauces", "How to Cook
Soup", "How to Make Pasta Sauces" etc. Anyone have some of these books or
have experience with them? I've like the practical, tested stuff that they
have in the magazine.

Perhaps I should visit this book at my local Barnes and Noble and then

put it on my wish list.

> Devra at aol.com wrote:>
>> Of COURSE he needs to wait until Pennsic--how else can he patronize his favorit...er faithful bookseller?
>> > Devra the only slightly mercenary

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com