[Sca-cooks] Cookbooks was Buying Alan Davidson

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Oct 26 14:02:57 PDT 2002

Actually Sam's Club is running specials on several of the Cook's
Illustrated volumes at the moment. The Best Recipe, Italian Classics,
American Classics, Soups and and Stews are usually 29.95. They are
currently 19.63 at Sam's. Jessica's Biscuit is also running specials on
several of them.

I have all the small volumes that are now called the How to Cook Master
Set. They are fine and I don't mind having them, but I find that they
are repackaging a lot of the smae recipes these days. First they appear
in the magazine, then they appear in the annual volumes, then in the
small books, and then lastly in these large format books. How many times
should one pay for the same recipes?

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis