[Sca-cooks] Hungarian Goulash

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Oct 27 04:56:30 PST 2002

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>How much is "1 small container" of paprika. I find even the "hot"
>paprika to be pretty mild but my imported Hungarian Hot Paprika
>(Pride of Szegeo brand) is in a 142g (5 oz) tin. I don't think that
>is what you mean by a small container, but maybe it is.

*SPECULATION ON*
If you look at the "large and small" tins of things like ground
pepper or cinnamon in your typical American supermarket, the small
tins probably run about two ounces net (maybe eight tablespoons of
paprika). [Checks against the only "small" tin I had of anything,
which was Coleman's mustard... yup, two ounces.]
*SPECULATION OFF*

This seems quite sufficient for a medium-sized batch of goulash. But
ground beef???

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER