[Sca-cooks] Spanish menu

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 27 08:07:50 PST 2002

Well, now that you say that I am thinking that I probablly serverd more than
that. :) They were eight person tables, but I distinctly remember the 3 to 1
ration of black to white for purchasing purposes. I used dried, but the
market that I bought them had beautiful figs. They were very large dried
figs, and when I washed and cooked them in the wine they really plumped up.
It was so sweet that I could not eat a whole fig, I had to cut it in half.
It was also one of many dishes in the first course, so it was just a nibble.

It was the wrong time of year for fresh figs, although I did plunder a
friends tree at the right time this year and have two ziplocks full of dried
Brown Turkey figs in my freezer. The preserves are all but eaten.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva