[Sca-cooks] Soft-boiled eggs in period

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 27 08:24:48 PST 2002

On 27 Oct 2002, at 7:46, Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamant wrote:

> Also sprach Robin Carroll-Mann:
> >  > "the length of a Credo" means the time it would take to recite
> >  > the
> >>  Credo (the Apostles' Creed) in Latin.
> >>
> >>  If anyone would like to conduct an experiment at breakfast, you
> >>  will
> >  > find the text of the Credo at:
> >  > http://www.sainthenry.org/prayers.htm
> >
> >I decided to time myself.  Reciting at a normal speed, the Credo took
> >just about 2 minutes
>
> It might or might not matter significantly that there's a difference
> between the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed (which is the one
> linked above). As I recall the Apostles' Creed is shorter, and
> generally less specific as a statement of beliefs.

Mea culpa.  (I'm Jewish, okay?  Most of what I know about the
Credo comes from singing in my college chorus.)  I meant the
Nicene Creed.  I don't think that the Apostles' Creed would last
long enough to produce more than a warm, liquid egg.

Stefan, can you delete the words "the Apostles Creed" from my
original message before it goes into the Florilegium?  I don't want
to mislead anyone.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net