[Sca-cooks] Soft-boiled eggs in period

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 15:11:45 PST 2002

Brighid ni Chiarain asked:
> Mea culpa.  (I'm Jewish, okay?  Most of what I know about the
> Credo comes from singing in my college chorus.)  I meant the
> Nicene Creed.  I don't think that the Apostles' Creed would last
> long enough to produce more than a warm, liquid egg.

The confusion is understandable. I was raised Episcopalian and I'm
not quite sure of the differance between the two, although if I
heard or read either of them (in English) I would recognise them.

> Stefan, can you delete the words "the Apostles Creed" from my
> original message before it goes into the Florilegium?  I don't want
> to mislead anyone.

Done. Well, sort of. I had already saved your original message as well
as Adamantius' message and your own correction. Hopefully folks will
read more than than just the one message. I have however, inserted an
editorial note that you corrected this later to be the Nicoene Creed.
As I mentioned I don't think this would be an unusual mistake to make
and by leaving all the comments in, I hope I can alert others to be
alert for this.

In addition, this is currently tagged for the eggs-msg file, and if

I ever move (or copy) these messages to a file on period timing or
measuring techniques for cooking, I can then pick up and use these
messages there.

If folks have comments, criticisms or suggestions on how I handle
such revisions, I'm certainly willing to listen. I have had no training
as an editor.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com