[Sca-cooks] Soft-boiled eggs in period

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 13:19:01 PST 2002

--- "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> Also sprach Robin Carroll-Mann:
> >  > "the length of a Credo" means the time it
> would take to recite the
> >>  Credo (the Apostles' Creed) in Latin.
> >>
> >>  If anyone would like to conduct an
> experiment at breakfast, you will
> >  > find the text of the Credo at:
> http://www.sainthenry.org/prayers.htm
> >
> >I decided to time myself.  Reciting at a
> normal speed, the Credo
> >took just about 2 minutes
>
> It might or might not matter significantly that
> there's a difference
> between the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene
> Creed (which is the one
> linked above). As I recall the Apostles' Creed
> is shorter, and
> generally less specific as a statement of
> beliefs.
>
> Adamantius

True.  And don't forget the Athenasian Creed,
which is significantly longer than both.

If I recall correctly, in my hymnal, the
Apostles' Creed takes up about 1/3 of the page.
The Nicene Creed takes up about 1/2 of the page.
The Athenasian Creed takes up one whole page.
So, this could mean the difference between a
soft-boiled egg and a hard-boiled egg.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.