[Sca-cooks] Hungarian Goulash

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 15:37:28 PST 2002

Madhavi commented:
> If anyone would like to learn lots more about gulyas (original Hungarian) I
> can strongly suggest Cuisine of Hungary by George Lang. Not only does he
> give recipes, but then he lists traditional variations for some of the
> recipes. He also talks about the history of some of the dishes. This book is
> fascinating!!

Yes, you can find other comments about this book in this file:
fd-Hungary-msg    (25K) 10/26/01    Food of period Hungary.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Hungary-msg.html

One note, is that a lot of these recipes he gives are "traditional"
without specific period recipes. However, like the Polish book also
talked about here recently, this is likely the best we are going to
get from this region at least for now. And you make the best of what
you have.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com