[Sca-cooks] re: Advice on cleaning deep frying pots

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 23:48:05 PST 2002

Hmmm. I just noticed this didn't get sent out. It's a bit late now, but just
in case anyone might find it useful, here it is.
Selene Colfox asked:
 > I could use some advice.  I have two big cast-iron dutch ovens with entirely
 > burnt-on surfaces.  I got delayed at war HQ while dinner was cooking in the
 > embers.  The middle was still tasty enough and that's what we ate, but it's
 > going to be a difficult process.  I'm thinking of going the soaking and
 > wire-bruch route, then re-seasoning the whole things.  Sigh.  Advice please?

Take a look through this file in the FOOD_UTENSILS section of the Florilegium:
iron-pot-care-msg (22K)  2/ 1/00    Seasoning and caring for iron pots and
                                         skillets.

Stefan