[Sca-cooks] Sourdough

kerrimart at mindspring.com kerrimart at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 28 07:50:34 PST 2002

Thanks.  (Bear is my new best friend !) I thought I read that I should use 1
cup of starter per pound of bread.  I weighed my 2nd loaf and it comes in a 2
lbs, 12 oz.  Most recipes that I've seen say to use 1 cup of starter, but by
weight, I think I may need more.

What about adding wheat gluten to the mix?  And would gluten have been
avaiable or is that a modern separation?

Vitha