[Sca-cooks] Drakey's latest accident story...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 29 22:42:11 PST 2002

'Lainie commented:
> Not. Drake- do not wear gloves. It will make a statement that I don't think
> you want to make.

Why? Men did wear gloves in period. I suspect if you look you can even
find nobility or Royalty in jeweled gloves and such in paintings. Even bending
a bit past 1600 might be acceptable in this case.

> First- why swear on the sword of state? Why not do a true period fealty,
> and swear with your hands clasped between those of the King? They do it (or
> at least did it) that way in Drachenwald.
>
> Second- wear long sleeves, pull them down a bit. And smile so widely that
> no one looks at your hands.

Some good suggestions here.

Is there any of the studio/movie/play flesh colored makeup that
would cover up the green shade? Drakey, is the green a solid covering
or is it just patches or spots?

> Third- if you do paint yourself green, I WANT PICTURES!

Hmmm. Would woad overdye this green?

woad-msg          (49K) 12/30/99    History of woad. Making dyes from woad.
tattoos-msg       (41K) 10/21/99    Period tatoos. Hand and body decoration.

Picts-msg         (14K) 11/ 4/96    Info. on the Picts. Name sources.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com