[Sca-cooks] Drakey's latest accident story...

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Oct 30 12:24:23 PST 2002

In a message dated 10/29/02 4:59:11 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au writes:

> I was staining my 2 proto-apprentice's belts last night when I dropped
> the bottle of green leather dye.  I was fast and caught the bottle, cap
> open, upside down.  I now have 1 small problem.
>
> I HAVE GREEN SODDING HANDS!  ARGGGHHHHH
>
> I have one and a half weeks to my laurelling,
> and I have green sodding hands...

If it was a spirit based dye, I have had good results with rubbing alcohol
and a stiff brstled brush followed by lots of scrubbing with soap and a
brush.   Even with that I usually am left with slightly dyed hands, but it
does fade in a week or so.  (As a leatherworker I usually live with that left
over as a mark of the trade, but that's just me.  :->)

Noemi, whose hands are a bit grey right now from black leather dye