[Sca-cooks] Re: Digby was flaming figs

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 3 15:45:13 PDT 2002

Question-- which Digby apothecary book are we discussing?

The 1668 Choice and Experimented Receipts which came out before The
Closet Open'd or the edition called Two Treatises which is combined
edition that came out in 1669 or are you discussing Hartman or
Hartmann's various recipes that he ripped off from Digby's
notebooks????? Those were published in 1682 as The True Preserver and
Restorer and also in a volume entitled A Choice Collection. Or are you
referencing something else?

Part of these I have access to already, if you'll provide the title.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

"Jones, Craig" wrote: snipped>