[Sca-cooks] mushrooms

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 3 23:38:14 PDT 2002

Phillipa asked:
> That meal sounds delicious! And clever you to think of pulverizing the bread
> crumbs.  (See how useful period cooking can be in daily life?)  Do crimini
> mushrooms have a taste much like portabello?  I am just starting to like
> mushrooms and have so far declined to buy a package of crimini because I was
> unsure of the taste.
I think the potabello tastes "meatier". At least it is stronger tasting

than the crimini.

In case you might want to try some period mushroom recipes, check

out this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section:

mushrooms-msg    (129K) 12/13/01    Period mushrooms. Recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/mushrooms-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net