[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2386 - 15 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Sep 5 05:55:28 PDT 2002

Phlip, with many low-carbers there is an 'alcoholic' reaction.
You know how on the list we have discussed how many alcoholics get triggered
by teh taste of the booze? With many low carbers, teh sweet edge of taste
can trigger a crave attack, and sugar is just as addictive as alcohol to
many people [like Rob, for example ... he goes through about 1 full
halloween mega-bag sized bag of sour balls or sugared Jolly Ranchers in
about 1 week when they go under way...]

I know a couple on one of the older lists [now defunct] that I was on who
could be triggered by browned onions. Lots of sugar in an onion ;-)
margali

the quote starts here:
Don't think there's enough sugar in the crust of a properly blackened piece
of meat to interfere with your diet- just enough to give a mild sweet/hot
flavor.

Phlip