[Sca-cooks] Butter- how to's and sources

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 10:49:23 PDT 2002

    Having read most of the "Butter" messages posted recently
     they gave me pause to think.......it seems butter is period
    the "flavoring" of butter is at best argueabley period.
     My queston is this I guess,did they make butter in period
      using the "butter churn"? are the Ol' fashioned paddle
    churns you see on occasion eqivulant to a period churn?
     do we have any viable sources for churns,I have shopped
     on line a little and am sometimes flatly perplexed by the
    prices seen........I mean I am not a cheapskate but c'mon
     I dont plan on making butter to pay my bills or nuffin'.
    and Yes Stefan.......I am on the way to the florigelum  ;~)

Æthelwülf