[Sca-cooks] Re: Help! Fried Ricotta Cheese Balls (lilinah at earthlink.net)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 6 20:38:30 PDT 2002

Well, i am blessed with several amazing assistant cooks. One is a
Cooking Laurel - she made one dessert and one "hors d'oeuvre"...

Two are sisters - one made the cazuela moji and the other made the
persicate. I send a request for help to my cooks for a (bread)
sponge. Their MOTHER (no SCA affiliation) is going to make me a
sponge for the cheese balls!!! Seems that she's quite the cook and
she had seven children - 3 of whom are professional cooks, and 4 are
amateur cooks (the 2 helping me are amateurs, but cook really well
and with great pleasure).

So, i can report back on the results of making this with a sponge...

BTW, is "entremet" sort of vaguely kinda a Medieval equivalent for
"hors d'oeuvre"? cuz "hors d'oeuvre" just sounds too modern...

Anahita