[Sca-cooks] trumpet making

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 11 23:00:59 PDT 2002

Aurore asked:
> Can anyone tell me where I can find an old fashion herald's trumpet.  I've
> been wanting one just to have fun with at wake-up call times.  Got to keep
> the archers in practice.
Check this article in the PERFORMANCE ARTS section of the Florilegium.

While this article is probably for a curved trumpet, I suspect the basic

ideas could be adapted.
The article starts off:

Objective: a natural trumpet that superficially resembles those of
Renaissance manuscripts and that can be played with a standard modern
trumpet mouthpiece by someone of modest trumpet skill. This trumpet (if
built in the key of C - more on keys later) has about 8 feet of total
tubing, and is about 3 feet long overall.

trumpet-build-art (14K)  5/ 4/98    "Building a (fake but serviceable) Baroque
                                       Trumpet" by Dwight Hall.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERFORMANCE-ARTS/trumpet-build-art.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net