[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Culture, was Very carefully not panicking...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 20 13:44:14 PDT 2002

Isobel fitz Gilbert wrote:
>And most important, Cooks do NOT do scullery!

Nice thought. Maybe it works where you are, but if i didn't do at
least some of the kitchen clean up, no place would rent to us again.

Now, this last feast i did, there were wonderful people doing all
sorts of cleaning completely unasked and it was a huge help. The
worst work got taken care of by volunteers. But at the very end, i
was loading all the remains into my car, and there were still a
couple counters that needed washing, some stuff in the sink, stuff to
be put away, and the floor to be mopped. The Autocrat, his lady, and
i were the only ones left, so we did the work.

I know i've had a lot more work than that at the end of some other feasts...

Anahita