[Sca-cooks] Re: Turkey was Food Myths

Barbara G. Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Fri Sep 20 16:52:22 PDT 2002

Selene wrote:

> These are so great!  That's a corn cob to the life, I don't >think that
there's anything else it could be.  Hard to say >whether it's there as a
vegetable or as a grain, since there are >various sprays of wheat, millet
etc. also incorporated
>in the picture.  I also see a pair of red tapering items on the >figure's
right chest that are either chili pods or the reddest >carrots ever.
[another look] Hmm, I think they are carrots >after all.

Through this gallery, I have discovered that the Flemish were quite prolific
in production of paintings of people in everyday settings.  There are
numerous paintings of vegetable markets, fish mongers, cooks in kitchens,
etc.  There are definitly carrots in many of the market scenes.

Felicia.