[Sca-cooks] period produce

Shannon Malone thegoatinthegarden at lycos.com
Sat Sep 21 15:42:16 PDT 2002

Greetings unto the Cooks of the SCA and elsewhere.

I am Shannon Malone, occasionally known as Lady Meadhbh nic Mhatha, writing to you from the wilds of Mendocino County in Northern California.

I am developing a period produce farm, for a start, and I am interested to know what fresh herbs, vegetables, and fruits you find it difficult to locate or grow yourselves for redacted recipes so that I can offer them to re-enactment cooks who live or come to events in the Bay Area.  The climate here and at another associated property will allow me to grow almost anything.

I have included a link to my website if you are interested in knowing in more detail what I'm working toward.  I would welcome and appreciate any comments or input by your or your members.

Thank you very much.

Shannon Malone
http://thegoatinthegarden.tripod.com