[Sca-cooks] Re: Scullery

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 22 11:03:00 PDT 2002

Olwen wrote:
Over the
years I've bumped into many, many folks who were very clear about "I'm not
gonna do dishes", or "I'm too good to peel the potatoes".

That is such bulls***. One feast I cooked in Atlantia had poor attendance due to inclement weather. I cooked for 100, but only about 40 showed on site, including the members of our Barony. I cooked feast with help from only 3 others, made *everyone* sit down while I served them with a rolling cart, and then had to do cleanup later, albeit with some help from my barony members. Ya do whatcha gotta do... If you are head cook, your attitude should be one of doing what needs to be done to pull off your feast to the best of your ability, or you shouldn't get to be head cook, IMO.

Aislinn

"Of the Good in you I can speak, but not of the Evil.  For what is Evil but Good -  tortured by its own hunger and thirst?  When Good is hungry, it seeks food , even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters." - Kahlil Gibran