[Sca-cooks] Guess what I found...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 24 09:13:03 PDT 2002

I've been a bit busy in other directions the last couple of days, and
finally got a chance to sit down with my copy of "The James Beard Cookbook"
(1959- 1973 edition) and lo, and behold, what did I find?

A bunch of line diagrams, of what general cuts come from what part of the
animals.Starts with a beef, specificly shows the parts of a veal calf, then
a lamb, and a pig. It's a very simple series of diagrams, but it definitely
shows what cuts come from where- including, Johnna, "flank steak". Also
seems to have some pretty good recipes. If you don't recognize James Beard's
name (thank you, Adamantius, for turning me on to him) there's a blurb at
the front, where Craig Claiborne recommends the book, as a food writer for
the New York Times....

And this is the book the bookseller threw in for free (only labelled 50
cents), among the more expensive books I bought.....

Phlip, gloating under the Rock....

Never a horse that cain't be rode,