[Sca-cooks] Dream Cooking Show

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Sep 26 05:22:47 PDT 2002

 <poing, poing, poing>
ohh, I know how to abuse Emeril -

Make him the pro chef guest of honor for the show where we cover the subtle
soft flavors of things like frumenty, blanc mange, oven cooked rice..... no
BAM ,<WEG>

Booby Phlegm? I tend to avoid him because he is so smarmy. Not sure what his
trigger would be. How about the show where we go into detail about how long
an apprenticeship was in period, and that teh chefs didn't 'rule the roost'
the way they do now, but subsumed themselves into their Bosses household as
a glorified servant.

That guy who does the shows on odd foods from around the world we can have
in for the peculiar dishes like Apicius [sow teat, dormice, odd inner bits
in creative ways]

Pity the 2 Fat Ladies are only 1 ;-( but we could do something suitable for
them ;-)

And teh Frugal Gourmet, and anybody else who has really shitty researchers
invite them to the show where we discuss the extant cookery books, and food
timelines.
margali
[did I ever mention the 22 pages of mistakes in Frug's 3 Ancient Cuisines
and American Melting Pot ...]

the quote starts here
So here's a proposition, strictly as a thought experiment:

What would you want to see in a series on period cooking?  One show on
debunking myths, another on regional cooking variances, one on how to plan
menus and lay tables?

Would this be done with an eye towards the SCA feast planner, or to the home
cook?  Both?

Do we stick to extant documentable recipes, or do we allow conjectural work
(eg Anglo-Saxon cooking)?

Best of all, how many ways can we abuse Emeril Lagasse and Bobby Flay? :-)

Getting excited now,

Vicente