Mermaids (was [Sca-cooks] Allergies and cookie exchange)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Fri Sep 27 07:09:53 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christine Seelye-King" <kingstaste at mindspring.com>
<< SNIP>>
 That, along with the
> challenge of something that will travel well and be inexpensive
enough to
> make at least 12 dozen of still has me wondering what I'm making.  I
found
> my two mermaid cookie cutters earlier, but they have parts that would
break
> off in transit, so no go there.  Hm....
> Christianna

Methinks that using the cookie cutters to go half depth into a round or
other shaped cookie would allow you to inset some decorative colored
substance (marzipan?) into the channel before baking.  Not the best of
ideas in terms of labor for 4 dozen, but maybe for smaller presentation
gifts projects?

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco