[Sca-cooks] Pickle question

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Mon Sep 30 09:09:32 PDT 2002

    I am in the process of trying to understand pickling, after seeing a
pickling episode on Alton Brown's 'Good Eats'.  The Fannie Farmer
cookbook I have says that you can freeze pickles.   Mr. Brown said the
pickle needs to sit in a fridge to allow everything to mix.

   These are my questions--any opinions on what freezing does to the
taste? (and)  Am I correct in assuming you refrigerate the pickle for a
little while before you freeze it?

    Thanks for the help!

    Elizabeth