[Sca-cooks] Mongolian Munchies

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Sep 30 14:24:53 PDT 2002

This is the translation that was removed from editions
of Duke Cariodoc's Collection due to copyright problems
apparently. It does not appear in 1998 7th edition that
I own.
I searched the title and came up with this website:
http://www.ateneu.com/receptes/arabigo.html

That website credits:
Recetas reproducidas de la obra:
Fernando de la Granja Santamaría
La cocina arabigoandaluza según un manuscrito
 inédito. Tesis doctoral.
Madrid, Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, 1960
Setrata del manuscrito llamado:
Fedalat Al-Jiwan fi tayyibat al-ta'am wa-l-alwan
 (Relieves de la mesa, sobre manjares y guisos).
 Su autor es el murciano Abu l-Hasan 'Ali ibn
Muhammad ibn Abí l-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abí Bakr
 ibn Razin al-Tuyibi al-Andalusí y fué escrita
 probablemente entre 1228 y 1243)

Since this was PhD dissertation, I then searched for
the dissertation/book and located this:

La cocina arábigoandaluza segun un manuscrito inedito.
Fernando de la Granja Santamaría. 1960
Spanish. Madrid : Facultad de Filosofia y Letras.
This 30 page book is described as:
"Extracto de la tesis doctoral del mismo titulo
 ... Universidad de Madrid."
RLIN also adds: the series number as 6.
[Madrid. Universidad Filosofía y letras, Facultad de. Tesis doctoral.
6.]
It's available in a few libraries in the US.
This will provide you with at least the original
text and notes.
The author has written some other things including:
Estudios de historia de Al-Andalus which was published in
1999.
As to Bear's question--
The work may be referred to in Perry and Rodinson, but that
work is arranged with bibliographies by paper. There is no
comprehensive bibliography at the end that lists all sources in
one place. That makes it hard to search.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

dseguin wrote on Sunday:> snipped