[Sca-cooks] Cures (was Re: Oddities...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Sep 3 06:52:53 PDT 2002

>I recently found a good one (in Elinor Fettiplace's receipt book, the
>complete version).  For a bloody nose, you make a mixture of clay and
>rosewater and some other stuff, and put it on the sufferer's testicles.
>When it warms to body temperature, you remove it and apply a new batch,
>and repeat until the nose stops bleeding.  It doesn't say what to do if
>the person with the bloody nose is a woman.

You know, as I read these and giggle....  I can't help thinking about what
they will think of us in 300 or 400 years, and our "cures"?  Who knows what
they'll think of chemotherapy for cancer, or less dramatically tylenol for
headaches?

Just makes you wonder.

Of course that takes on the assumption that we won't have managed to blow
up the whole planer by then (being very disgruntled this morning thinking
all kind of political thoughts that have no place here! <g>)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry