[Sca-cooks] hare vs rabbit

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Tue Sep 3 08:06:11 PDT 2002

> ps... what does rabbit and/or hare taste like? and don't say chicken!!
>
> Umm my Mom made Chicken with Red Wine Sauce and Rabbit with Red Wine Sauce
> at the same time, one time to see if we could tell the difference.  Nope,
> both were good and couldn't tell the difference.  Aurore

They're pretty interchangeable in recipes - I made Rumania (from _The
Medieval Kitchen_, can't remember the original source) with rabbit instead
of chicken this weekend... Looks wise it was pretty indistinguishable from
the usual chicken, except the sauce turned out browner (which was a good
thing, lavender sauce is always a little... dubious).  Unfortunately, I
didn't get to *eat* any of it, as the plate came back w/ no rabbit.  <sigh>.
And I was looking forward to that, as I've never had rabbit... oh well...

Generys