[Sca-cooks] Good News from Drakey

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 12:11:33 PDT 2002

Congratulations, Mi Lord. Do we call you Master Drake now, or do we have to wait til Nov?
Being one of the new kids on the list, I don't know all the reasons that you deserve it, I just know that you do.
Isabella
 "Jones, Craig" wrote:Folks,

I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, but I thought there would be
enough public interest for this.

I was called up in court on Saturday night at the Royal Visit Feast in
Barony of Politarchopolis (Canberra, Australia). After a presentation
of some mead, the following was announced (it's not exactly what was
said but it's close enough for ducks):

[Drake presents some mead]

Alfar, King of Lochac:
You do not have our permission to depart.

Herald, Baron Karl Faustus of Aachen:
The strength and stability of the Kingdom lie in these
virtues
of its people: service, chivalry, and creativity -
for if any of these are lacking, the Kingdom fails. The
artists and artisans of the Kingdom glorify it with
their work,
and the teaching of their skills brings to it the Light
of
Learning.

Let the Members of the Order of the Laurel attend upon
their
Majesties.

[Mistress Mathilde, Master Cornelius and Master Alex
attend
upon the court]

Elspeth, Queen of Lochac:
We are minded to admit you to the Right Noble Order of
the
Laurel. Is it your wish to sit a vigil before accepting
this
honour?

Drake:
It is your Majesty.

Alfar, King of Lochac:
So be it; Herald, make the announcement.

Herald, Baron Karl Faustus of Aachen:
Be it known that Drake Morgan shall sit before the
populace of
Lochac in solemn vigil. Let those who have sage words to
share
with him do so. Drake Morgan you are bid to appear
before
their Majesties on the 9th Day of November in the Canton
of
Stow in the Wold to give your decision in this matter.

It would be an honour if as many cooks as possible on the list as
possible offer me sage words (especially so if you are not a peer) of
advice. A second note is that cooking is a secondary skill to my main
passion of brewing.

The Event that I will be laurelled at is the St Angelico's Feast
(Combined Guild Day) in the Barony of Rowany (Sydney, Australia) on 9
November 2002. For more details contact the Event Steward: Finnabhair
ni Binnech at funkyfinn at fastmail.fm. The vigil will be the night
before. I'll make sure that any good photos taken will be scanned in
and put on the 'net.

Love you all, so many of you on this list have been a great inspiration
to me over the years.

EvilDrakey.

AMMS System Administrator, Addr: PO Box 367,
Business Solutions - AMMS Team Canberra 2601.
Information Management Services, Phone: +61 2 6268 5099
Airservices Australia. Fax: +61 2 6268 4551
craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
CAUTION: This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please tell us immediately by
return e-mail and delete the document.

Airservices Australia does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the
integrity of this communication is free of errors, virus or
interference.