Wonderful w-e for all WAS:Re: [Sca-cooks] Good News from Drakey

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Sep 3 12:44:43 PDT 2002

At 12:19 PM 9/3/02 -0700, you wrote:

>All the rest of camp, when someone would call out 'Lady Isabella' I would
look around. Actually, when I was called in to court my first thought was
"There are TWO Isabella Giovanni's?) I started looking around to see who
the other one was. LOL

Almost no one uses my full name, so if I'm called in court I usually don't
pick up on it until someone kicks me. Thankfully for that, I don't get
called very often!

My funniest experience with being called into court is actually somewhat
classis for a cook, or so I understand. It was when I got my second GoA,
uh, 8 years ago. My camp was on merchants row (I made and sold children's
gear) and court was held in teh field behind me. It was nice, because the
my kitchen was out the back, and I could work on dinner and watch court. I
was feeding the Crown Princess, and was deep into boning some pork when my
name was called. I didn't catch it. A girlfriend who was along the back row
turned around and hissed "'Lainie! That's you!" I let out with a
too-audible "Aw, shit!" put down the pork and the knife, and walked into
court trying to wipe the pork goo off my hands. Got my service GoA with
food upto my elbows, wearing a filthy apron with "Chez Elaine" in gold
glitter letters...

*sigh* That was a fun year...

'Lainie